Sunday, October 24, 2010

My generous neighbor

One of my neighbors is a cute older lady named Blanquita.  She cooks lunch every Saturday and Sunday for her family, which sends wonderful aromas into our yard.  Today, I mentioned how wonderful her food smelled, and so she told me she was going to give me a little bit so I could try it, asking if I like traditional Domincan cooking.  Traditional Dominican food often contains rice, beans, and chicken.  I told her I do like it and that it is very gracious of her to offer to allow me to try her cooking.  A little while later, her house helper came over with a huge tray of chicken, rice, plantains, and salad.  My roommate Katie and I both had lunch and there is enough left over for 1 or both of us to have another meal!  How generous she was to give us so much of her wonderful food.

No comments: