Friday, November 16, 2007

To God be the Glory...

God has brought me to the end of another journey. My time at CIT is over. All the classes are done. All reflection papers have been turned in. All evaluations have been completed. I even received my graduation diploma! My car is packed up. Goodbyes have been said. I will be driving home tomorrow. Even through all of this, I am reminded that God is sovereign above all and that all of this has been in His plan and in His timing. He has taken care of me during almost 3 months here and has taught me a lot about Himself, about being His child, about how to love Him and serve Him better, and about how to let Him take control.

One way He did this was through a challenge He gave me yesterday. I have been attending a Spanish speaking church during my time here in North Carolina. All services have been completely in Spanish. It has been great worshipping and learning more about Jesus with the Hispanics in the area while being able to practice my Spanish skills. Yesterday, I spoke in the church, presenting information about my ministry. Did I mention this was a Spanish speaking church? Yes, I had to give my presentation in Spanish. I was extremely nervous about this and have been for about the past week. I prepared all of my materials in Spanish and wrote out what I was going to say. I was ready. I prayed that God would give me the words to say because my Spanish isn't good enough for me to do this on my own. When I gave the presentation, I know I made some mistakes, but I don't think I messed up too much. There were about 30 adults and at least 20 children in the church. They seemed very receptive and seemed to understand what I was trying to say. Before coming to NC, I had prayed that God would provide me with a Hispanic church that I could attend and perhaps allow me to tell them about ministry in Vzla. God provided that and allowed me to speak. I just hadn't quite realized when I was praying back in August that I would have to present in Spanish. However, I believe this has boosted my confidence in the fact that I can, with the power of the Holy Spirit, use this language to speak to people about something I am passionate about... serving God where He is leading me.

To God be the Glory!!!

No comments: