Friday, November 30, 2007

The end of November....

It's hard to believe that today is the last day in November. Starting tomorrow, I can officially say that I am moving next month. Well, that is provided that my funding is in by then. However, that was the date the was given to us back in April and I trust that if God wants me in Venezuela by "next month" then it will happen.

I have been in Ohio for two weeks now and life seems to be settling down. I have been working part time for my friend's computer company and taking care of odds and ends that I need to do.

Exciting things that have happened in the past 2 weeks...
  • I was able to go back to the school I taught at and spend some time with the teachers and some of the students. I didn't realize how much I miss that school until I went back.
  • My brother in law, Erich, received his kidney transplant last Saturday. He had been waiting for 4 years for an available kidney and he finally got it. He is still in the hospital but he is doing well.
  • My friends in Venezuela gave me an early Christmas present today... my own Venezuelan cell phone. My new phone number is 0414-639-5411 (or if you are calling me from the United States... 011-58-414-639-5411). Now, you cannot call me until I actually get to Venezuela because I am not there to answer the phone. However, once I am there, I look forward to hearing from everyone frequently!!

Before I leave...

Drop me a note or give me a call. I would love to hear from everyone and see how things are going. Take care.

Scripture for the week...

Hebrews 11:1- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

If you have never read Hebrews 11, read it. It describes the faith of many people from the OT and then gives us some interesting verses at the end.

Hebrews 11:39- There were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised.

This verse, by itself, would make us wonder if we really want to put our faith in God, believing that He would break a promise. However, that is not the last verse of the chapter. It continues..

Hebrews 11:40- God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

God has bigger plans that we could even think. Sometimes we put our faith in God in what we think He has planned for us. However, His plans are even bigger. This reminds me of Ephesians 3:20, which says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."

Our thoughts of what God's plans are may be right on, but if God changes the plans, don't become upset or get flustered. Just remember that His plans might be bigger than you can ever imagine. Have faith.

No comments: