Monday, January 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye...

Saying goodbye to family and friends is not fun. It's difficult to say goodbye. As much as I want it to be an "I will see you later" it still feels like a "Goodbye". I have spent the past week saying goodbye. I tried to spend time with as many of my friends as possible during the past week. I was able to spend some time with my family before leaving, which I really enjoyed. I spent Saturday night (and early Sunday morning) saying goodbye to my family. Many group hugs occurred.

While waiting for my flight in Cleveland, I looked out the window at the lightly falling snow. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like the snow. However, when I was watching the snow falling to the snow-covered ground, I realized that I will not be seeing snow for quite a while. I will not feel the brisk chill in the air as I was outdoors (this actually occurs as you walk indoors in Maracaibo, due to the A/C). I will not have to clothe myself in heavy layers, sweaters, turtlenecks, gloves, coat, etc. As much as I do not like these things, I think I will miss them.

I will miss a lot of things while I am away from Ohio, but what I will miss the most are people. I will miss the important events (and even the not so important events) in the lives of my family and friends. However, I know that the blessings God is going to bestow on us will far surpass what we are "losing".


My family...
Me, Gina, & Jodi

Mom & Collin

Dad

No comments: