Friday, January 2, 2009

Blessed New Year 2009

Well, 2008 is gone. We are now looking forward to what 2009 has in store for us. I am looking to see what God has in store for me and how He plans to use me here in Venezuela or wherever else He takes me this year.

The year in review:
A lot happened in 2008 for me. In January, I moved to Venezuela and began a new adventure serving God. I adjusted through the transition of a new country, new culture, and new language; working in a new job; having new friends and "family" (and I became the "Mom" of a baby turtle); and a completely new way of life. I took 3 trips during the year- as required by the Venezuelan government accoring to their visa regulations (I am required to leave the country every 3 months to renew my visa). One of those trips was back to Ohio as part of the first mission team from Filadelfia Church in Venezuela to travel to Northeast Ohio to evangelize. I worked through developments, difficulties, changes, and successes in both the children's ministry and the mission's ministry in Filadelfia Church. I spent every holiday and family birthday away from my family- which required quite an adjustment and control of emotions (and sometimes a lack of control).

However, through this year, I have grown- in maturity and spiritually. I know that I am not in control of my life, God is. Whatever He has planned for me, I have allowed Him to fulfill- and He has. He has taken me places I never thought I would go- but I know He is faithful. While I do not know what is in store for 2009, I know that He will continue to be faithful and take me where He wants me to go.

Even though it is common to wish you a Happy New Year, I would rather wish for you a Blessed New Year- that you may accept all of the blessings that God will bring to you this year.

No comments: