Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finally getting settled

This week has been a productive week. I have started to finally get settled into life here in the DR. Two major things to help with this process took place this week.

  1. I got a Dominican cell phone. Yes, I finally got a Dominican cell phone. I have been here almost a month and have not been able to get to the cell phone store to get one. The few times I had a chance and tried going, the store was closed. Anyway, I now have a way of communicating with my new colleagues, so I feel more connected with people here.
  2. I have finally moved into my new house. This is a major adjustment and a major advancement in getting settled here. I no longer have to live out of my suitcase and jump around from one person’s house to another. I am living with 3 women. Two of them work with me at Doulos and one works with Students International. We seem to be getting along very well so far.

Pictures coming soon. Keep checking back!

No comments: