Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It was bound to happen eventually...

It was all around me. Everywhere I went. Home, church, everywhere. So I knew it was bound to happen.

The people I spend the most time with here have been sick for the past week, so I knew it was going to hit me too. Well, yesterday it did.

When the sore throat started, I knew. The headache and nausea soon followed. I tried to convince myself that it was just from being in the cold air of the air conditioning that was giving me a sore throat, but I knew it was more than that.

I rested most of the evening yesterday. When I woke up today, I still had the sore throat, headache, and nausea, but added a few other symptoms. I called my friends to find out how to get some medicine.

Before I knew it, they had called the doctor. Here, doctors still make house calls. It's a form of paramedics who arrive and do the same things that the doctors do during an office visit.

They said that I have an infection that is just beginning. They gave me list of medications I should get from the farmacia, similar to getting a prescription but no prescriptions are needed here to get medicine. One of the medications is in the form of an injection. I don't like shots. However, if it's needed to make me better so I can serve God to the fullest, then it's a small price to pay.

Total cost for the paramedic visit... Bs.F 0 ($0.00)

Total cost for the medications.... Bs.F 60.25 ($28.02)

So, some medicine and rest and I should be as good as new really soon.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick. Drink lots of tea, and don't forget Mickey!