Sunday, February 3, 2008

Worthiness

I love Sundays. I love being in God’s house, worshipping Him with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Today I went to Filadelfia Church and had a great time of worship and communion. The pastor introduced me to the congregation in each of the 3 services. I was given a very warm welcome by everyone, which I have found is a characteristic of the Venezuelans. They are a very warm, welcoming, loving culture and people.

At the beginning of the third service, one of the ushers came up to me and told me to go up by the Pastor on stage where he and his wife sit for the service. This is a seat of honor to be on stage with the Pastor and his wife and I was honored that the pastor wanted me to sit up there with them. Then, I was thinking, I am not worthy of this great honor. I am just a servant who has come to serve God by serving them. But it made me think, this is how I am with God. I am not worthy of His love and affection, of His Grace. But He loves me so much that He has lifted me up out of my unworthiness and made me His child. What an awesome honor and privilege it is to be called a child of the King of kings and the Lord of lords!!

No comments: