Monday, March 24, 2008

Apartment updates...

I have been living in my new apartment for 2 weeks now. Suitcases are mostly unpacked (still have a few things that I just don't know where to put, so for now they are staying in the suitcases). I have started purchasing some pieces of needed furniture and items. My dining room table and chairs were ordered and will be delivered in about a month. A few other needed items were purchased. A few are still being searched out.

I have finally got my keys figured out. In case you didn't know, doors work differently here than they do in the United States. To lock the door, you need to turn the key completely around 3 times. In this process, it double locks the 4 deadbolts that secure the door.

I am getting used to having the sun wake me up early (although sometimes the blanket goes over my head at 6:15am when the sun comes up. This morning was a bit cloudy so I didn't see the sun until around 7:30 or so.

I still do not have internet at my apartment, it will be ordered soon (hopefully). Once I have it, I will once again have access to my Ohio phone number.

I would like to invite you to come see my apartment. So, please come by and visit me in Maracaibo. See ya soon!!

No comments: