Thursday, March 6, 2008

Creative use of resources

The Venezuelans are very conscious about their appearance. Cleanliness is important, as is the way you look and the way you present yourself. So, what do you do when you are supposed to be at a Bible study at 10:30 am and you wake up to find that there is no water in the apartment and it wont be turned on til noon??? You get creative, that's what you do. And that is what I did.

I took advantage of my "resources" and did what any person from Northeast Ohio would do when in the tropics during the first week of March... I went swimming. I figured the water in the pool could at least get me somewhat cleaned off (although I didn't think they would appreciate it if I brought my shampoo to the pool). After "bathing" in the pool, I used a glass of water from the fridge to take care of the final cleaning touch-ups.

You do what you have to do when you have to do it. Swimming might not be the ideal way to bathe, but it sure is the fun way!

No comments: