Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the work begin!

I have officially begun working! I have been observing and working with the students in the 5th grade classroom. Of the 18 students in this class, I am monitoring 7 of them for various thing- ADD, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Language difficulties, and even one possible Asperger's Syndrome.

The kids seem to like me so far and Ciara, the 5th grade teacher, loves having me in her classroom.

I now also have a desk in the Administrative Office of the school. I have been told that I am not a full time teacher, but a part time teacher and part time administrator. Not only will I be in the classroom working with the children, but I will also be developing the entire program and getting everything in writing for the ACSI Accreditation process.

There is a lot to do. I have only been working now for 2 days and I already feel behind in my work.

No comments: